Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Provincials

Congratulations to all Provincials swimmers. I hope that everyone swam their best and are happy with their results. No matter what the results know that you gave it all you had that day and be happy simply to have been in the race. I remember my first provincials which were also in Thunder Bay back in 1993 before SWAD and able bodied provincials were integrated. It was a great experience. I can still picture the pool and remember the beautiful landscape around the city. The one thing I don't remember is how I swam. I don't remember the events I swam and I don't remember the times that I went. What I do remember is how much fun I had and how it fueled my desire to keep swimming so that I could compete at that meet again.

Have a fun and safe summer both in the pool and out!!

P.S Joe Barker is just pants pants pants.

No comments: