Monday, July 14, 2008

CAN AM in Victoria

This past weekend was the CAN AM meet in Victoria.  There were swimmers from nine countries in attendance including Germany and Malaysia.  Overall it was a pretty successful meet for me.  I did a best time in both my 50m freestyle and 50m backstroke and all of my other swims were good in-season times so overall I am happy with the meet.  Now I am attending a training camp for the next two weeks in Victoria with the rest of the Paralympic team.  Today we had a recovery workout and I did a weight training session.  The rest of the training camp should be quite interesting.  We are training from 11am-1pm and 7:30-9:30pm.  Training later at night makes sense as we will be racing finals around 8pm at the Paralympics so it will get us ready for those late sessions.  Overall, the next few weeks should be fun but challenging.  

No comments: